[RC5] Stats are up (READ THIS FIRST)

The Man theman at fallout.dyndns.com
Fri Jan 2 13:41:02 EST 1998

Lord Somnolent wrote:

> gindrup at okway.okstate.edu wrote:
> >
> >      Would it be too much trouble to move the two-hour blackout to occur
> >      about 18:00 or 19:00 Pacific Time (about -8:00) which would be about
> >      three hours later than you specified?  This would make most of the
>
> What? And have it fall during "prime time" in the much more heavily
> populated ETZ? No way!

The world does not revolve around -5 (eastern US), even though US TV
networks think so. Personally, I'm happy to have stats at all. For those who
care, most participants are probably in GMT+1, 0, -5, -6, and -8. Others
with sizable participation might include +2 and -7, and possibly in the +8
to +10 range. It seems most important to insure stats availability between 4
and 10pm in all of our principal TZs. Thus stats updates must not start
before 0600 GMT nor end after 1400 GMT. If stats take 2 hours, this means
starting times between 0600 GMT and 1200GMT would allow most participants
access to stats at the times when they are most likely to be on the net.
0600 GMT (10pm PT) is probably best, affecting mostly +11 to -9, and even in
+11, stats would be OK after 7pm. Thoughts? Did I miss a TZ (yours perhaps)?

Keith Wesolowski		theman at fallout.dyndns.com
University of Nevada - CS/EE	Visit Reno's Fastest Computer!!!
The Fallout Shelter - North	http://fallout.dyndns.com/
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net