[RC5] Stats update time

Greg Wooledge wooledge at kellnet.com
Fri Jan 2 19:41:47 EST 1998

Martin (format at mindless.com) wrote:

> FORMAT, the one and only answer to everything, has the solution.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have the solution to everything, like the date.
FORMAT, it's 1998 now.  Check your system clock.... :-)

> Computer 1 processes logs every 2 hours, and writes finished pages to "temp"
> drive. When Computer 1 is done crunching logs, Computer 2 goes down for a few
> minutes to copy completed pages to it's "hosting" drive.

Just one little problem with that -- there's only 1 computer, and not a
high-powered one at that.  That's why stats are the way they are.  (Not
that I'm complaining... just pointing out a few facts.)

--
# Greg Wooledge                         # "Daddy, why do those people have to
# wooledge at kellnet.com                  #   use Microsoft Windows?"
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net