[RC5] Stats are up (READ THIS FIRST)

Charles W. Hubbard chubbard at owt.com
Fri Jan 2 18:02:08 EST 1998

> Would it be too much trouble to move the two-hour blackout to occur
> about 18:00 or 19:00 Pacific Time (about -8:00) which would be about
> three hours later than you specified?  This would make most of the
> "downtime" be during "odd hours" for people who don't live on islands
> in the Pacific Ocean.  (Who, I am sure, would be welcome to join RC5,
> but I suspect would be not terribly inconvenienced by checking stats
> in the morning...)

I know there has been a lot of requests, both here and on IRC, to delay
or otherwise change the time during which stats are processed. Nugget of
course will ultimately have to decide if that happens. I for one don't
think it's such a good idea. It seems to me that the majority of the
participants would like to see new numbers as soon as they are available
(I would). I know the current processing time (roughly 0:00 to 2:00 GMT)
takes the stats out of commission during "prime-time" on the east coast
of the U.S. but they should become available again by 9:00 EST. I don't
think any small convenience gained by shifting the base time zone off of
GMT is worth all the hassles.

Regards,

Charlie Hubbard
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net