[RC5] My own little rant

Mary Conner trif at serv.net
Fri Jan 2 19:33:41 EST 1998

On Fri, 2 Jan 1998 gindrup at okway.okstate.edu wrote:

>         Besides, we know that a three day lag for "officially reporting"
>      winning keys is not unheard of.  Then just wait until a competitor
>      reports the block found, "discover" that the block was found about a
>      day before the competitor ("we hadn't been looking this early"), get
>      the prize money and continue.  It's not as if we're lying.  We *found*
>      the key before then.

Boy, you must be the kind of gullible bozo who believes things like,
"the check is in the mail," "I'm from the government and I'm here to
help you," and, "No new taxes!"  A competitor will report the key
being found by submitting it to RSA, and if d.net has found the key
and not reported it, going to RSA and saying, "Well, we found it 3
days ago and just didn't submit it, so give us the prize money," is
going to give RSA a real belly laugh.

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net