[RC5] Stats are up (READ THIS FIRST)

Roy Wilson emperor at slic.com
Fri Jan 2 22:34:18 EST 1998

On Fri, 02 Jan 1998 18:02:08 -0800, Charles W. Hubbard wrote:

>I know there has been a lot of requests, both here and on IRC, to delay
>or otherwise change the time during which stats are processed. Nugget of
>course will ultimately have to decide if that happens. I for one don't
>think it's such a good idea. It seems to me that the majority of the
>participants would like to see new numbers as soon as they are available
>(I would). I know the current processing time (roughly 0:00 to 2:00 GMT)
>takes the stats out of commission during "prime-time" on the east coast
>of the U.S. but they should become available again by 9:00 EST. I don't
>think any small convenience gained by shifting the base time zone off of
>GMT is worth all the hassles.

	Yes, but...  How many non-US people are running the
client?  Someone else posted a good idea - check the client
dispersion and put the update time so that the *most* people
possible can access stats during prime time.

	Come to think of it, just looking at the stats server
log for the traffic hits on it would work - just make sure that
the updates don't take place during the busiest 6 hour window.

Roy Wilson <emperor at slic.com>
Lat: 44.850959 Lon: -74.40286 [+/- 6']

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net