[RC5] Stability of clients

Karsten Schulz rc5-ml at t800.ping.de
Sat Jan 3 17:26:00 EST 1998

Hi Steven,

> I am running about 8 win32 GUI clients (1 on Win NT Server and the rest
> on Win 95) and 1 Linux client.  The clients seem to hang after anything
> from 1/2 day to several days on both the Win32 and the Linux box

I made the same experience. My solution is, that i configured each client
to calculate 30 blocks and terminate. A self written program runs in the
background and checks every minute if there is a bovine running. If not,
it will restart the bovine client, which runs again for 30 blocks and so
on.
I wrote this monitor with Delphi and it works fine. Mail me, if you need
more detailed programming information.

Regards
Karsten

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net