[RC5] Client checkpoint file bug -- answers?

Greg Wooledge wooledge at kellnet.com
Sat Jan 3 13:00:39 EST 1998

Tim Charron (tcharron at interlog.com) wrote:

>      -- Note that DOS clients will never delete their checkpoint
>         files at shutdown, since there's no way for the client to
>         know its being shut down.  However, even they should avoid
>         the duplicate information problem in 340.

Thanks for the info!

I think you might see some benefit to compiling the DOS clients with DJGPP
v2 instead of (Watcom?) what you're currently using.  DJGPP v2 has support
for signals, if I'm not mistaken.  See http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/ .

--
# Greg Wooledge                         # "Daddy, why do those people have to
# wooledge at kellnet.com                  #   use Microsoft Windows?"
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net