[RC5] Internet Phone Charges

Robert Au myshkin at silcon.com
Sat Jan 3 11:59:29 EST 1998

"L. M. Nonog" <lnonog at oz.net> writes:
> >>Thought you might be interested in the following:
> >>
> >>Subject: Internet, FCC

[snip]

> >>The FCC has created an email box for your comments, responses must be
> >>received by February 13, 1998.  It is important that you send your
> >>comments to isp at fcc.gov
> >>
> >>Tell them what you think.  Every phone company is in on this one, and
> >>they are trying to sneak it in just under the wire for litigation. Let
> >>everyone you know hear this one. Get the e-mail address to everyone
> >>you can think of.

[snip]

Two notes:
- This message is clearly off-topic.

- As far as I can tell, this message is old news. The window for
comments ended in March of last year, and the FCC decided to reject the
RBOCs' request to charge ISPs similarly to long-distance carriers. See
<URL:http://www.fcc.gov/isp.html> or do an AltaVista search on "+isp +fcc
+access" for more information. I hope this message doesn't turn into
another modem tax hoax.

Robert Au                      myshkin at silcon.com
                                       ^^^^^^
                                   NOT silicon.com