[RC5] [ON TOPIC] Cedric's connection problem

James Mastros root at jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org
Sat Jan 3 15:47:12 EST 1998

On Sat, 3 Jan 1998, Cedric Tefft wrote:
> Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > Actually, you might want to consider that perhaps it's your firewall.
> > You say you've managed to successfully load web pages from ports such
> > as 8001, but perhaps ports in the 2000 range are being blocked in the
> > outgoing direction by the firewall.
>
> Well, I'm equating the HTTP proxy to the firewall since I don't really
> know what's on the other side of the proxy.  But I know what you're
> saying.  Although there's no way I can get shell access to the
> firewall/proxy, I can try a web page lookup on a regular web server in
> the 2000 port range.  Anybody know of a publicly accessable standard web
> server living on a port in the 2000 range?

For the time being (I.E. till I next reboot), you can get
http://jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org:2000/
It should look like this:
                 This Web Site is Under Lots of Construction!

This web server first became avaible [18/Aug/1997:15:42:54 -0400], so you
may well be one of the first few people to access it. My current working
linux source can be found [1]here. This version contains some custom
hackery, I'm working on a reformed [2]Makefile system, and the [3]fatish
filesystem (msdos, fat32, vfat, umsdos, and uvfat).

	       Well, I guess that's it for now.

	            -=- James Mastros

(BTW - The information there is WAY out of date.)

	-=- James Mastros

--
Information as a base of power is coming to an end.  In the way the world
works tomorrow, the power to *do* *something* *with* *information* is what

	-=- James Mastros, rephrasing Nugget (David McNett, distributed.net
	    Big Man)

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net