[RC5] The "My email doesn't pop up in the stats" problem

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Tue Jan 6 19:41:47 EST 1998

Hello,

I decided to submit a couple of blocks under a new emailaddress for
various reasons. So I let my NT client run (with the normal address
in the config) and installed a win95-gui client in the same dir (so:
same bufferfiles). The GUI gets the new email, I flush (only flush,
the GUI doesn't crack), then I quit the GUI.
My new email does NOT show up. I tried it for more than a week, every
day again, and no my emailaddress is NOT misspelled.

So I decide to let the GUI crack some blocks, and let the GUI submit
them. Now the emailaddress finally shows up in the stats, working
time 0 days (so only the last batch of blocks gets counted).

Conclusion:
The client that finishes a block, saves it to buff-out, including the
emailaddress which is in the config when you complete a block.
Flushing only sends buff-out to the proxies, without looking at the
emailaddress in the flushing-config....

Right? Wrong? Please some reply from someone who knows (like
BovineOne), we don't need things like "I think you're right, but I'm
not sure".

Ivo

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net