[RC5] Stats update time <- EFnet, RC5

Mary Conner trif at serv.net
Tue Jan 6 17:55:18 EST 1998

I'm not sure what this has to do with the thread where you stuck it,
but I'm sure you'll tell me.

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, Martin wrote:

> I would like to say something to all the people that "hang out" in the
> #rc5 channel on EFnet. You may not like me or they way I say things, but
> calling my a loser and various other things, along with dbaker's
> CONSTANT kicking/banning, and his nice little thing today when he made
> the channel moderated and voiced everyone except me, is uncalled for. I
> don't feel anything I have done was worth this. I never personally did
> anything to any of you. Were you abused as a child? Do you enjoy acting
> out against others in a way you feel "funny"? This sounds like the kind
> of thing a 6th grader would do.  Grow up.

For starters, you were acting like a loser.  You were repeatedly asked to
stop repeating the same message over and over to the channel.  You got
banned (and not by dbaker, but by another op) and kicked because of your
spamming.  You got called a loser by others on the channel because of
your spamming.  And when dbaker made the channel moderated, he did
voice you, you just didn't notice.  And yet you have the gall to bring
this to a mailing list that has nothing to do with your problems on
the irc channel.  Nobody cares about your asinine conduct on the channel,
and the only reason I'm posting this to the list is to try and cut
short the stupid bickering this is going to cause.  Please, people,
just let this lie, and if you have something to say about what goes
on in irc, do it on irc.

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net