[RC5] how about self extracting clients?

Greg Wooledge wooledge at kellnet.com
Tue Jan 6 21:25:23 EST 1998

matthew (matthew at the-spa.com) wrote:

> is a cow mooing appropriate? have they asked any cows? will it still be
> titled the bovine effort? at the very least i suggest a new group of cow
> sounds to differentiate between which type of block was just completed.

The distributed.net response to the DES II challenge is being called
Project Monarch, not Project Bovine.  In theory, you should be able to
read about this project at http://www.distributed.net/des/ , but the
web page seems to be temporarily unavailable.... :-(

I'm not sure whether the name refers to the monarch butterfly or the
kind of monarch that sits on a throne.  The former is rather quiet;
the latter, usually not so quiet.

--
# Greg Wooledge                         # "Daddy, why do those people have to
# wooledge at kellnet.com                  #   use Microsoft Windows?"
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net