[RC5] The "My email doesn't pop up in the stats" problem

Greg Wooledge wooledge at kellnet.com
Tue Jan 6 21:41:05 EST 1998

Tim Charron (tcharron at interlog.com) wrote:

> This is correct.  As well, CPU & OS information reflects the machine
> that completed the block, not the machine that submitted it.

Is this a recent change?  I've heard the exact opposite before.
In particular, it was explained to me that there were no DOS machines in
the OS stats table because the CPU/OS stats were taken from the machine
which submitted the blocks, not the machine which cracked them; and
since the DOS client has no networking code, it cannot submit blocks,
and thus cannot appear in the OS stats.

(I can't check the stats page right now to see if this has changed, so
I'll have to hope I don't get flamed....)

--
# Greg Wooledge                         # "Daddy, why do those people have to
# wooledge at kellnet.com                  #   use Microsoft Windows?"
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net