[RC5] DES 2 (in preparation of)

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Tue Jan 6 19:50:50 EST 1998

On Tue, 06 Jan 98 13:20:16 -0600, gindrup at okway.okstate.edu wrote:

>     Howsabout varialbe sized blocks and a B*-tree implementation for the
>     proxy netowrk block tracking?  The parent nodes would only be expanded
>     when some part of the node was assigned (to a client or a subsequent
>     proxy).

V3 clients will support multiple block sizes, but since they're just
throwing together 2.7 from 2.64 I wouldn't expect them to have time to
add a feature like that.  I'd personally rather see much longer block
sizes.  It would certainly lower the load on the stats and
proxy/keymaster servers.

Colin L. Hildinger

CRACK 64-bit RC5 WITH OS/2 NOW!
http://www.ionet.net/~colin/rc5.html