[RC5] WinNT Priority

dan carter daniel.carter at stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Wed Jan 7 23:54:23 EST 1998

Hi,

Im wanting to put the winNT service edition on a PPro200 Lotus Notes
server here, but i noticed it has a backup agent that also runs at Low
priority, and i don't want to stuff up the backup process.

OS/2 also has low, normal, and high priorities, but within each there
are 64 (or is it 32?) sub levels of priority. I assume NT is the same.
So long as the backup agent is a higher low than the lowest low at
which rc5 runs i should be fine.

So how do i find the full priority of threads under winNT (or does NT
really have only 4 priorities)?

Thanks
dan

daniel carter
1 crown st, dunedin, new zealand ;-}
I'll never forget the 1st time I ran Windows, but I'm trying..

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net