[RC5] WinNT Priority

Morten Torstensen Morten.Torstensen at ibm.no
Wed Jan 7 14:15:15 EST 1998

On Wed, 07 Jan 98 23:54:23 +1300, dan carter wrote:

>So how do i find the full priority of threads under winNT (or does NT
>really have only 4 priorities)?
>
>Thanks
>dan
>
>----------------
>daniel carter

NT has 16 different priorities and no classes like OS/2. At least that's
what the instructor told me on the MS admin course. This rough schedueling
is generally divided in four named priorities, low, normal, high and
server(?) at something like pri 4,7,12,15 (from my memory, it might not be
completely accurate).

In OS/2 you have idle, normal, high, and time critical with deltas within
them from -31 to 32.

// Morten Torstensen
// IBM Global Services

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net