[RC5] Re: Reply to: Changed

Wed Jan 7 12:09:06 EST 1998

On 07 Jan 98 17:23:07 +0100, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen wrote:

>So set up your mail reader to deal with it.

Possible, but difficult as "RC5 at LLAMAS.NET" is not referenced anywhere
in the header.

>> At the very, very, very least, change the From: to be the list, so
>                                            ^^^^^
>> people have a choice where to respond to.
>
>You're not serious about that, are you?

Yes, that way rc5 at llamas.net is referenced in the header.  If I get a
message that is "From:" you, and "Reply To:" you, how am I to know that
it came from the RC5 mailing list?  The fact that it came from a
mailing list, and which mailing list, needs to be clearly noted in the
header.  The common way to do this is "Reply-To:".

Skip Huffman, Carreker-Antinori
Atlanta Office, Quality Group

You know that you are drinking
too much coffee if: