[RC5] Re: Reply to: Changed

Roy Wilson emperor at slic.com
Wed Jan 7 12:24:37 EST 1998

On Wed, 07 Jan 98 12:09:06 -0500, Skip Huffman wrote:

>On 07 Jan 98 17:23:07 +0100, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen wrote:
>
>>So set up your mail reader to deal with it.
>
>Possible, but difficult as "RC5 at LLAMAS.NET" is not referenced anywhere
>in the header.
>

>>> At the very, very, very least, change the From: to be the list, so
>>                                            ^^^^^
>>> people have a choice where to respond to.
>>
>>You're not serious about that, are you?
>
>Yes, that way rc5 at llamas.net is referenced in the header.  If I get a
>message that is "From:" you, and "Reply To:" you, how am I to know that
>it came from the RC5 mailing list?  The fact that it came from a
>mailing list, and which mailing list, needs to be clearly noted in the
>header.  The common way to do this is "Reply-To:".

	Not only that, it completely destroyed my filters to
move rc5-list messages to their own folder.

	Putting both the From: and the ReplyTo: as the sender
rather than the list address has got to be one of the STUPIDEST
things I've ever seen done to a list.

	Hey, if you don't LIKE what comes through on the list,
either press ENTER or unsubscribe!

Roy Wilson <emperor at slic.com>
Lat: 44.850959 Lon: -74.40286 [+/- 6']

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net