Reply to: Changed, Was:Re: [RC5] how about self extracting clients?

Mark Beeson mark at emerald.net
Wed Jan 7 10:43:54 EST 1998

Skip Huffman wrote:
> This makes it very difficult to respond to messages.  I have to hit
> reply, then remember to click on the To: box and enter "RC5"  otherwise
> I have sent a private email.

Which is good, considering that between you and gindrup, the two of you
generate at least 50% of the noise on the newsgroup.  (following up one
of Nugget's posts with "Thank you" is really unnecessary, and you should
think of how much of other people's time you wasted by sending that
message)

> This is going to make discussions scrambled and fragmentary.  The S/N
> is going to go through the floor.

You're delusional if you think that.  The mailing list has grown out of
hand.  From October 6th to today (3 months, call it 90 days) there have
been 4235 messages sent to the list.  That's an average of 47 messages
sent per day.  Not even inet-access generates that kind of traffic!
Making the reply-to: header set to the mailing address should have
happened a long time ago.

--Mark
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net