[RC5] Re: Reply to: Changed

Mark Beeson mark at emerald.net
Wed Jan 7 10:51:04 EST 1998

Skip Huffman wrote:
> Possible, but difficult as "RC5 at LLAMAS.NET" is not referenced anywhere
> in the header.

And just what do you think the To: line is, chopped liver?

> Yes, that way rc5 at llamas.net is referenced in the header.  If I get a
> message that is "From:" you, and "Reply To:" you, how am I to know that
> it came from the RC5 mailing list?  The fact that it came from a
> mailing list, and which mailing list, needs to be clearly noted in the
> header.  The common way to do this is "Reply-To:".

I have Communicator filter RC5 messages 2 ways.  1) Grep for [RC5] in
the Subject: header, and 2) To: rc5 at llamas.net.  Hell, you could even
filter by checking for the existance of "unsubscribe rc5" in the body of
the message (appended to every message sent to the list).

--Mark
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net