[RC5] Re: Reply to: Changed

Wed Jan 7 13:31:47 EST 1998

On Wed, 07 Jan 1998 10:51:04 -0700, Mark Beeson wrote:

>And just what do you think the To: line is, chopped liver?

My mistake, I missed it.  It is still less than ideal as it may contain
several addresses, where "From:" and "Reply-To:" only have one.

>I have Communicator filter RC5 messages 2 ways.  1) Grep for [RC5] in
>the Subject: header, and 2) To: rc5 at llamas.net.  Hell, you could even
>filter by checking for the existance of "unsubscribe rc5" in the body of
>the message (appended to every message sent to the list).

True, but I have discovered the most general way to filter mailing
lists (My household subscribes to around thirty) is by "Reply-To:"
which for nearly all lists points back to the list.  The two exceptions
that come to mind are this list and one that someone runs from her
personal email account. (There may be others, I am not home to check my
filters.)

Skip Huffman, Carreker-Antinori
Atlanta Office, Quality Group

You know that you are drinking