[RC5] WinNT Priority

dan carter daniel.carter at stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Thu Jan 8 08:38:46 EST 1998

On Wed, 07 Jan 98 14:15:15 +0100, Morten Torstensen wrote:
>NT has 16 different priorities and no classes like OS/2. At least that's
>what the instructor told me on the MS admin course. This rough schedueling
>is generally divided in four named priorities, low, normal, high and
>server(?)
i beleive that top ones called real time (sound just like os/2s time
critical to me...)

> at something like pri 4,7,12,15 (from my memory, it might not be
>completely accurate).
>
>In OS/2 you have idle, normal, high, and time critical with deltas within
>them from -31 to 32.

Ok what i really want to know is this: In OS/2 i can type 'pstat' and
see the exact priority every process and thread is running at. Is there
an NT equivalent?
daniel carter
1 crown st, dunedin, new zealand ;-}
I'll never forget the 1st time I ran Windows, but I'm trying..

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net