[RC5] DES 2 (in preparation of)

Thu Jan 8 07:33:04 EST 1998

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998 14:01:49 -0800 (PST), Mary Conner wrote:

>I've heard that with rc5/64, when the 0x64
>keyspace is exhausted, once return of 0x64 blocks trickles off, those
>that have not been returned will be reissued in order to close out the
>keyspace.

That is new information to me.  Everything that I have heard indicates
that the entire keyspace will be exhausted before blocks are reissued.
Still, the number of blocks that would be reworked is minimal.

Lets see.  There are ~13,000 active emails.  If each of us had fifty
blocks that ended up being reworked, that would be 640,000 blocks.
3,700,000 blocks were completed yesterday, so at that rate 640,000
blocks will take a bit over four hours.  No big deal.

Skip Huffman, Carreker-Antinori
Atlanta Office, Quality Group

You know that you are drinking
too much coffee if: