[RC5] Wow, I'm fast! (off topic)

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Wed Jan 7 23:29:16 EST 1998

On 07 Jan 98 17:19:14 +0100, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen wrote:

>Same as in Denmark, which leads me to ask: What kind of "trillion" does the
>stats pages use, and more importantly, how big is such a "trillion"?

The one that counts.  ;-)  Seriously, I'm sure there was no
consideration that it was something that needed clarification since I
know I've never heard of the non-US >1 million numbers and I'd wager
that the vast majority of other people in the US have either.  It's
certainly interesting but also a little scary that we can't get
together on something like this.  FWIW, I would guess the US
definitions are older British based ones and the others are "post
metric system" definitions.  Thinking about it, it probably comes from
the latin roots: megillion (million), gigillion (OK, billion, but I
don't know exactly how it got there), terrillion (trillion), etc.

Oops, I meant to post this to the list. (Sorry Rask)

Colin L. Hildinger

CRACK 64-bit RC5 WITH OS/2 NOW!
http://www.ionet.net/~colin/rc5.html

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net