[RC5] Wow, I'm fast! (off topic) + DESx

Marc Sissom msissom at dnaent.com
Thu Jan 8 11:44:16 EST 1998

Ray Vanlandingham wrote:

> On 7 Jan 1998, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen wrote:
> > Den 07-Jan-98 16:55:19 skrev Morten Torstensen følgende om "Re:
> [RC5] Wow, I'm fast! (off topic)":
> > > Here in Norway we have:
>
> yada yada yada...

Indeed, what's really sad is even if they dropped the spoken/written
language part of it and used only math symbology, we'd still get
notes something like this:

    On the stats page it says we are doing 1.2345 x 10^10 keys/sec.
    What does 10^10 mean?
    What does 1.2345E10 mean?

Of course, no one has bothered to ask how do you say 'trillion'
in Japanese. I like that. They seem to just keep on putting out
blocks while not contributing to the noise. Too bad us westerners
can't do the same.

What's the next noise source? Oh, the reply-to field. Well, that
one's getting tired too. How about we bitch about web page design?
Damn! That one was dried out months ago. Hmm...lessee...Monarchs!
Butterflies or kings, nah. Folks, I'm spent. I can't seem to come
up with anything to keep the noise level up. Sorry.

Wait!  D-E-S-2...D-E-S-I-I... I've got it! Are we gonna spell it
like this:

	DES-2

or like:

	DES2

or like:

	DES-II

or what?

That should keep us and the list server going for a while.
I feel better already.

--
Marc Sissom                       http://www.dnaent.com
Design Engineer                     voice: 972/644-3301
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net