[RC5] Network connection errors

Ray Vanlandingham solitaire at soliton.dyn.ml.org
Thu Jan 8 18:21:23 EST 1998

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Antoine Delvaux wrote:

> I'm trying to make my client work on a Solaris machine behind a firewall
> protection with id and password protection.  But I continually get some

<snip snip>

These errors have nothing to do with your machine running Solaris, as I've
gotten all of those errors on both a Linux and Win95 box. Unfortunately,
there isn't much documentation on the errors, but your problem is
probably that either you are completely blocked by your firewall or just
haven't managed to configure the client for it yet. If you can use the
web, I'd suggest trying to configure it to connect on the http port, but
I've never done it so I only have a vague idea of how. Good luck.

Ray

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net