[RC5] ENOUGH!

Ryan Anderson ryan at michonline.com
Thu Jan 8 17:19:44 EST 1998

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998 gindrup at okway.okstate.edu wrote:

>      Ah.  Suddenly it's clear to me now.  The inner circle is tired of
>      people claiming that it would be easier to post updates and
>      information to the mailing list.  Thus, they've made it so much more
>      unpleasant to use the mailing list that anyone who might have wanted
>      to get such an announcement has as much difficulty doing so as using
>      IRC.

The only way I've ever considered to sort my mailling lists is based off
the to: and cc: lines, searching for the list address.  IT almost always
works, regardless of whethet the list goest through several mode changes.
When we go throuhg a software change and we lose the [RC5] out of the
subject line, everyone is going to bitch again.  This isn't worth it.
(I'm on another list that just had this happen to it.  I didn't notice.
my mail sorting works regardless.)  In other words, stop bickering about
this.   This makes it a lot easier for me to reply to both the originator
of a message and to the list.  (Liek now) while still removing the people
who don't need to be in the mailing (notably nugget at slacker.com this time)

This, however, is not an issue that needs to be aired on this list.  Tis
is my first  and last post on it.

Ryan Anderson - Alpha Geek
PGP fp: 7E 8E C6 54 96 AC D9 57  E4 F8 AE 9C 10 7E 78 C9

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net