[RC5] Re: Reply to: Changed

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Thu Jan 8 18:54:24 EST 1998

On 09 Jan 98 01:26:39 +0100, Rask Ingemann Lambertsen wrote:

>> OK, explain this statement.  Does your mail reader have a setting that
>> makes it reply to only the "To:" header?  I've never seen one that
>> does.
>
>I get a requester asking me which address (From: or Reply-To:) I want to reply
>to.
>
>> Are you suggesting that I write a script that filter all
>> incoming RC5 messages and alter their headers so that either from: or
>> reply-to: is the list address such that my mailer will deal with it?
>> Suggestions please.
>
>I just tell my mail reader to add a Reply-To: header to mailing list messages
>if the list manager doen't set one.

So your filter finds all RC5 list messages, adds
"Reply-To:rc5 at llamas.net" into the header so you can choose between it
and the sender.  Um, this is what the list was doing IN THE FIRST
PLACE!  So instead of the list doing it I'm supposed do it on my own if
I want that behavior.  That's f@#$ing brilliant.  Why didn't I think of
that.  Instead of the list doing it each person on the list should set
their mailer up to do it.  Hey, while we're at it let's say screw the
whole mailing list and create a distributed mailing list using address
books in everyones' mailers to send to all the list recipients.  I bet
if we try really hard we can make things REALLY work in a bass-ackwards
way.

Colin L. Hildinger

CRACK 64-bit RC5 WITH OS/2 NOW!
http://www.ionet.net/~colin/rc5.html