[RC5] Re: Network connection errors

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Thu Jan 8 20:38:05 EST 1998

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998 21:22:02 -0500 (EST), Jim Buchanan wrote:

>Antoine:
>> I'm trying to make my client work on a Solaris machine behind a firewall
>> protection with id and password protection.  But I continually get some
>> error messages but can't understand what they mean.  Does someone knows
>> what these errors stands for :
>>
>> Network::Open Error - Sleeping for 3 seconds
>
>I downloaded the Intel Linux client yesterday, and subscribed to this
>list.
>
>Initially I kept getting this message, despite being able to ping the
>keyproxy. Tonight, when I'd tried everything else I could think of, I
>tried the IP address returned by ping, 208.135.215.12, and it worked
>perfectly.
>
>Hopefully this will help you too, good luck!

Note that rc5proxy.distributed.net is a round robin DNS and so there
are many IPs that could be decoded by it.  Some of the proxies are
better than others, so you're kinda rolling the dice.  Sometimes you
get a good one and sometimes you don't.

Colin L. Hildinger

CRACK 64-bit RC5 WITH OS/2 NOW!
http://www.ionet.net/~colin/rc5.html