[RC5] Re: Network connection errors

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Fri Jan 9 06:52:06 EST 1998

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998 23:45:09 -0500 (EST), Matt Perry wrote:

>Colin, any suggestions on a reliable proxy?  I have a machine that has
>screwed up DNS with rc5-64 running on it.  I can't resolve DNS names so I
>have to use an IP number.

Well, you can find a list of the proxies at:

www.distributed.net/rc5/proxyinfo.html

You can look at which ones are sustaining the highest keyrates and have
the longest uptimes.  I actually can't seem to load the page right now,
though.  :-/  It's probably not a good idea to sit around pinging the
proxies but one ping to each of them might help you determine which one
has the best route to your machine.

Colin L. Hildinger

CRACK 64-bit RC5 WITH OS/2 NOW!
http://www.ionet.net/~colin/rc5.html