[RC5] Where to find v2.7 clients?

David McNett nugget at slacker.com
Fri Jan 9 07:29:59 EST 1998

On 09-Jan-1998, Colin L. Hildinger wrote:
> >Has DESII started yet? Where can we find v2.7 clients?
>
> They aren't out yet.  No one on IRC seems to know anything.  Well, I'm
> sure Bovine and a few other do but no one was saying anything.

I just want to make sure there's *no* misunderstanding here, Colin.  I'm sure
you know, but other might misconstrue from your comments above.  There is
no great consipracy here to keep this information a secret.  The fact of
the matter is simply that Bovine, TimC, Andrew, and the rest of the core
coding team were eyeballs-deep in source code last night and weren't
saying anything about anything to anyone.  The deadline is fast approaching
and there's still work to be done.  Personally, I'd rather have them doing
that work than stopping and chatting with the rest of us non-coders.

Work is progressing and I'm sure that when a release is imminent, we'll
all find out.  Anything said until that point would be pure speculation.
And certainly distributed.net has had its hand burned a few times in the
past when giving projected release dates.

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net