[RC5] Hiding email address in stats..

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Fri Jan 9 19:02:14 EST 1998

Unless you're in the top 100 no one will see your email address unless
they go searching for it.  No spammers are going to pick it up off the
web page or anything like that.  Sure, someone could decide to search
for email addresses but why would they?

On Fri, 9 Jan 1998 10:53:10 -0600 (CST),
Richard.Dansereau at EE.UManitoba.CA wrote:

>Hello all!
>
>I'm not sure if this has been discussed before.. but, is it possible
>to configure the stats so that users can hide their email address?
>Perhaps if it was configured so that someone who requests a password
>for their stats can then afterwards choose an option to hide
>their email address.  They could maybe show some other "name"
>or identification instead.  I've encountered a number of people
>who don't like the idea of their email address being publically
>available like that.
>
>Thoughts?

Colin L. Hildinger

CRACK 64-bit RC5 WITH OS/2 NOW!