[RC5] AIC Code and absentminded clients?

Phil Gregory pgreg430 at neors.cat.cc.md.us
Mon Jan 12 11:25:22 EST 1998

I have two questions.

First, Is the source for the AIX client available?  The only compiled
binary is for the PowerPC, but I'd like to run it on an RS6000.  It would
be nice if I could get the source and just compile it on that machine.

Item two:  has anyone else notices their clients getting absentminded
about proxies?  I have four computers on a local ethernet at home, with
one running a personal proxy.  All of the clients (three Win95, one
Linux) are set to use the proxy server on the Linux machine, which also
provides Internet access for our network.  The problem is that I often go
to check on my clients, and discover that they aren't talking to my
pproxy--instead, they are going out to whereever rc5proxy.distributed.net
sends them.  My pproxy has not been down, and that computer is reachable
(othermise there would be no internet for the clients, either).  Has
anyone else seen this problem, and is there a fix for it?  I'm running
version 2.6403.210.  (Note: it does only seem to be the Win95 clients
that do this, but I don't check on the Linux much, because it's a 386,
and only does about 15kkeys/sec.)

---
All science is either physics or stamp collecting.
                       -- E. Rutherford
---
Phil Gregory
DNRC