[RC5] How long's it take?

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Mon Jan 12 11:28:02 EST 1998

'Mike Avery' said previously:

| That's it, and  I'm pretty sure I set it up correctly.  However, I've
| made mistakes a time or two before.
|
| I'm using the NetWare client, and a quick look at it shows:
| 19)  Mail ID that logs will be mailed from [default:RC5notify] ==>
| mavery at mail.otherwhen.com
|
| The only question that comes to mind is.... should that just be
| mavery, rather than mavery at mail.otherwhen.com?  After all, the client
| knows about the smtp server address already....

Actually, that's not the email address you need to configure.  The one
you've shown is for mailing log file details (eg. so you can keep track
of your clients via email or somesuch).  Towards the top of the
configuration is another option which sets the email address which you
report as:

CLIENT CONFIG MENU
------------------
1)  Email to report as [default:rc5 at distributed.net] ==> xxx at yyy.zzz.com

This is the entry you need to change to report blocks under a particular
email address.  So, in your case, you need to change this to
"mavery at mail.otherwhen.com".

Regards,

--Joe

--