[RC5] Linux client has Illegal Instruction!

Travis Siegel tsiegel at softcon.com
Tue Jan 13 19:58:13 EST 1998

I'm using linux kernel 2.0 .30, and although I lost 4 blocks from stopping
the client (apparently checkpointing isn't fully operational just yet) it
is working just fine now.  I'm also using the multithreading version, and
it's not core dumping, though I'm using a 486-66 sx processor, not a 386
one.  In any case, I just wanted to report that it is indeed working, so
those of you with linux troubles, can breath a little easier knowing it's
possible to make the client work. :)

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net