[RC5] Performance problem on NT4.0

Wesley Felter wesley at scripting.com
Tue Jan 13 20:47:53 EST 1998

> What he's thinking, and it makes sense, is that when he screen saver kicks
> in, the client (well, NT) may see that as a foreground task and kill off
> CPU resources to the client.

This is the way the GUI RC5 client worked on my NT machine, and the new
RC5DES CLI client works the same way: while the screensaver is up, NO
keys are checked. I think screensavers should be designed not to be
CPU-bound while they're running, because not sitting at your computer
does not mean that there's no work going on on your computer.

Wesley Felter - wesley at scripting.com

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net