[RC5] Re:

Tim Charron tcharron at interlog.com
Tue Jan 13 19:37:24 EST 1998

> [01/13/98 17:50:42 GMT] 383 Blocks remain in file
> [01/13/98 17:50:42 GMT] 0 Blocks are in file
> The instruction at 0x0041b119 referenced memory at 0xce6755d6.
> The memory could not be read.

I was unable to reproduce this, but I believe it was caused by using
rc5 buffers that were retrieved with a non-dual client.  If this is
the case, the problem has been fixed in build 382.

If you ever see "xxx Blocks remain in file " with no filename, then
you have somehow fed blocks retrieved with an older client to the
dual-mode clients, which should be avoided (even with future clients
which will be more tolerant of this)

> Notice that the # of blocks dropped in half (this may be a feature).
> Then crashed.

No.  The 999 blocks were your DES blocks, and the 383 were RC5 ones.
This is because the des core isn't multithreaded, the second cpu will
process rc5 only, and so reports on them.

-- Tim

Tim Charron
tcharron at interlog.com
tcharron at ctfinance.com