[RC5] I think we have a some serious problems...

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Tue Jan 13 20:12:11 EST 1998

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999 16:00:48 -0800, rc5 at xyzzy.com wrote:

>1) I'm running the 2.7001.380 CLI Windoze/95 client on a 20mhz Pentium
>PC. It claims to do 375000 keys/sec and yet it seems like it's taking
>LONGER
>than the RC5 client. (I believe others have pointed this out already)

The blocks are by default 4 times larger for DES II.  Check the block
size in the config.

>2) Additionally, it seems that sometime today my other clients (SGI, Sun,
>etc.) have stopped processing RC5 keys!

Are you sharing buff*.rc5 files?  DO NOT do this.  The 2.6x clients CAN
NOT read the 2.7 buff*.rc5 files.  Once you upgrade to 2.7x you must
use seperate buff* files for 2.6x clients.

Colin L. Hildinger

CRACK 64-bit RC5 WITH OS/2 NOW!
http://www.ionet.net/~colin/rc5.html

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net