[RC5] Linux Client, Illegal Instruction/core dump, & 386's

Ben Coleman bcoleman at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 14 01:02:59 EST 1998

I'm also getting the Illegal Instruction core dump when trying to run the
linux client on my 386 Linux machine(Slackware 3.3, kernel 2.0.30), with
both the mt and non-mt clients.  Given that both of us who have reported
this problem are running 386's, could the linux clients have been compiled
for 486 and up(are there any user-mode 486 instructions that don't exist
on a 386?)?  I've switched back to the RC5 on that machine for now, given
that DES won't run.

Ben
--
Ben Coleman NJ8J                     | The attempt to legislatively
Internet: bcoleman at mindspring.com    | micromanage equality results, at

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net