[RC5] Feature suggestion

Phil Gregory pgreg430 at neors.cat.cc.md.us
Wed Jan 14 12:12:22 EST 1998

I had an idea for a useful feature for the V3 protocol.  The ability to
return blocks as unchecked could come in handy in many cases.  What
sparked this was the fact that I run a pproxy at home, servicing four
machines.  I thought that keeping 300 blocks would be fairly reasonable,
but I mistyped, and it sucked down 3000 blocks.  I really hope that the
key isn't in the last of those.  Returning blocks would also seem cleaner
to me than deleting buff files when the formats change and simply
discarding those blocks.  What does anyone else think?

---
I should not talk so much about myself if there were anybody else whom I
knew as well.
                       --Thoreau
---
Phil Gregory