[RC5] rc5desproxyper donot work well

SASAKI Taroh taroh at taroh.org
Wed Jan 14 18:10:53 EST 1998

	I think it may be well-known that some version of rc5des pproxy
	do not merely work well, and is there any estimation of next
	release?  I stopped upgrading rc564 clients to rc5des at half
	of the way...

----
	My situation: I work several clients (half FreeBSD, half win95)
	and 1 proxyper (FreeBSD), up to 6Mkeys/sec.  The 271 build of
	FreeBSD proxyper seems
		- not to get des keys from public proxyper,
		- not to put rc5 keys to public proxyper,
		- sometimes not to get rc5 results from rc5des clients
		  (win95).

	So I changed half of the clients (3Mkeys/sec) to communicate
	directly with public proxypers.  But still half of clients
	talking with pproxy cannot get des keys and calculate on RC5.
	I don't worry about loss of total computing power because
	results of the latter half charged onto pproxy out buffer
	which will be flushed some day :-) but not efficient for
	DESchallII.

	FreeBSD 271 pproxyper problems are also reported on Japan
	FreeBSD rc5 maillist, and some of them succeeded to work
	Linux 270 pproxyper using Linux emulator.

     taroh at taroh.org                  %           |Art,            |
     http://www.taroh.org/~taroh/     *****  **   |  Esthetics and |
PGP key fingerprint:                      ****    |    Philosophy  |
 4C 6A E6 0E D5 A1 DA AC  54 8F 94 E9 E3 F2 9C 08 +----------------+