[RC5] Dual Processor system crashes.

Bryan Bullet Hofmann hofmannb at det5wg57.barksdale.af.mil
Wed Jan 14 14:31:52 EST 1998

> On Tue, 13 Jan 1998 11:56:18 -0600, Kevin van Haaren wrote:
>
> >The instruction at 0x0041b119 referenced memory at 0xce6755d6.
> >The memory could not be read.
> >
> >Notice that the # of blocks dropped in half (this may be a feature).
> >Then crashed.
> >
> >Running dual 133mhz Pentiums on NT 4.0 Workstation.
>
> I am getting the same result.  Also on a dual processor machine.  If I
> configure it for single processor, it seems to run fine.  Also, it
> seemed to be kind of happy until I ran out of RC-5 Blocks.
>
> Skip Huffman, Carreker-Antinori
> Atlanta Office, Quality Group

You need to delete the old rc5 in buffer. The SMP version runs one thread
of
DES the other thread is for rc564. If you want to run just DES on both
CPUs
you will need to run rc5des twice (setup the .ini file for 1 cpu) then
set the
affinity for each program to each cpu. This is done in the Task manager
of
Windows NT...

Bryan K. Hofmann               WWW: http://spur.barksdale.af.mil
Manager, Information Systems   Phone Numbers
50 Vandenberg Ave              DSN 781-1423
Barksdale AFB, LA 71110        Commercial (318)456-1423

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net