[RC5] rc5desh questions and answers

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Wed Jan 14 22:01:13 EST 1998

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Daniel Baker wrote:

> >      2) How do you set it up to auto-run at startup time?
>
> [start]-[settings]-[taskbar]-ADVANCED-[Programs]-[Startup]

rc5desh -install will install a registry key in the registry-run
section, like the win32gui in rc5-64.
rc5desh -unistall will delete this registrykey

> >      4) How do you terminate it?
>
> Task manager?
Nope. As it's a "win95-service" it doesn't show up in the
taskmanager-list, but it DOES in WinTop.
(for the IRC-ers in here: url, wintop?)

> >      5) What is the name of the file that will terminate the client?
>
> I _think_ it's exitnow.rc5 (not sure)
or maybe exitnow.des (wild guess)

> >      7) Is there a way to use the -config option with this client?
>
> It dosen't work?
No!. I use the normal client, copy rc5des.ini to rc5desh.ini and run
rc5des -run

> >      8) If not 8, where is the *complete* documentation for the .ini file?
>
>         I am currently in the process of writing documentation.

Well, because you gave two wrong answers here, you better check with
Jeff before releasing these docs!

Ivo

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net