[RC5] I think we have a some serious problems...

James Mastros root at jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org
Wed Jan 14 20:29:16 EST 1998

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Colin L. Hildinger wrote:
[...]
> Are you sharing buff*.rc5 files?  DO NOT do this.  The 2.6x clients CAN
> NOT read the 2.7 buff*.rc5 files.  Once you upgrade to 2.7x you must
> use seperate buff* files for 2.6x clients.

Umm... I would just like to state, for the record, that I think that this
is
a BAD idea.  On access to a buff file, the client should check if it
complies with the format that it understands.  I should also hope that the
users should be able to upgrade buff files (that could easly be written in
100% portable C)...  Though it is technicly OK to have users delete
buff-in
files, I'm shure that it can't be very good for our efficency.

	-=- James Mastros

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net