[RC5] Re: Win32 pproxy not participating in DES-II

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Thu Jan 15 08:35:33 EST 1998

Hi,

| From owner-rc5 at lists.distributed.net  Thu Jan 15 08:20:09 1998
| Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 12:38:29 +0100
| From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F6rg_Holl=E4nder?=@llamas.net
| Apparently-To: <jzbiciak at daldd.sc.ti.com>
|
| <joerg.hollaender at kullen.rwth-aachen.de>
| To: rc5 at llamas.net
| Subject: Re: [RC5] Win32 Per Proxy for DES
| Sender: owner-rc5 at lists.distributed.net
|
| > A Win32 personal proxy (build 274b) is now available for download off
of
| > the FTP site.
|
| I have a problem with this Proxy :
| it gets only rc564 Blocks and no DES Blocks

Are you using your old .INI file or one based on the sample INI which
came with the proxy?  I know that the Linux version of the 2.7 proxy
has alot of new configuration options, and I assume the same is true
for each of the other 2.7 proxies.  Based on that assumption, I'd
suggest writing a new INI file based on the sample INI that comes with
the proxy, if you haven't already.

The new .INI file has a separate config section for RC5 and for DES-II.
Here's a snippet from my personal-proxy config file:

[rc564]
logfilekeyblock=key_rc5
; log of all completed keyblocks
logfilekeyblockrotation=daily
; rotate logs none, hourly, daily, monthly, or yearly
minkeysready=990
maxkeysready=1000
maxkeysdone=5

[desII]
logfilekeyblock=key_des
; log of all completed keyblocks
logfilekeyblockrotation=daily
; rotate logs none, hourly, daily, monthly, or yearly
minkeysready=990
maxkeysready=1000
maxkeysdone=5

If your INI file is missing the [desII] section, then it might not be
participating in [desII].

Regards,

--Joe

--