[RC5] Automating install

Dysart, Derek DYSD1 at Aerial1.com
Thu Jan 15 09:38:37 EST 1998

Create a file with the following text and name it something like
autorc5.reg (it's the .reg that is important):

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\bovrc5nt]
"Start"=dword:00000002

Then run this file against all of your client machines.  It will update
the registry to set the services "Startup" parameter to "Automatic".
This should work for NT 4.0, but will have to be done locally on each
machine.  Since it looks like you are going to do a script on each
machine, just put this file in your distribution directory, and add the
following line to your update script:

j:\divapps\rc5\autorc5.reg