[RC5] Automating install

Corey Betka betka at tri0282.urh.uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 15 10:16:05 EST 1998

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Andrew Wood wrote:

> I've created the following command procedure to automate the install of
> the
> new client, and ensure the machines are tidied up.
>
> I have just one problem. How can I force the service to start
> automatically?  For 50+ machines I will not do it by hand.....

Wow, I just implemented this yesterday myself. For the autostart
configuration, you need sc.exe from the Resource Kit. Search on altavista
for it, there is almost always some site that foolishly posts the entire
RK for public FTP.

Also, the net stop/start command can use the 'short' version of the
service name (bovrc5nt) if you prefer.

Corey

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net