[RC5] DES II on Dual Processor

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Thu Jan 15 08:11:18 EST 1998

'Remi Guyomarch' said previously:

| Yes. We are using BrydDES code and it's not multithread safe. [...]

| We are looking for a solution, but in the meantime you can launch two or
| more instances of the client, setting numcpu to 1 in your .ini file or
| using -numcpu 1 command-line option.
[...]

Could you just have multiple copies of the same function in the client?

eg. des_pentium2_0(), des_pentium2_1(), des_pentium2_2(),
des_pentium2_3()?

That way, you could start a different copy of the function in each thread.
Granted, you'd probably not want to go too far with this (maybe only make
two copies instead of four, like I showed above) but it could help.

Thoughts?

--Joe

--
 +----------- Joseph Zbiciak ----------+