[RC5] AIC Code and absentminded clients?

Phil Gregory pgreg430 at neors.cat.cc.md.us
Mon Jan 12 21:11:12 EST 1998

> > First, Is the source for the AIX client available?  The only compiled
> > binary is for the PowerPC, but I'd like to run it on an RS6000.  It would
> > be nice if I could get the source and just compile it on that machine.
>
> [snip]
>
> Cant answer the second one but for the first I had shell access to an
> Rs6000 box running AIX 3.2 for a while and grabbed the ppc client and
> tried
> it out and it worked. I got around 118kkeys/sec in test mode.

<snip!>

I tried that, and it started, but immediately after it told me that there
was no .ini file, I got "Illegal instruction (core dumped)".  When I
borrowed an .ini file from another computer.  I just got the illegal
instruction bit after the standard header (client version,
distributed.net web page, etc.).

---
I should not talk so much about myself if there were anybody else whom I
knew as well.
                       --Thoreau
---
Phil Gregory