[RC5] rc5desh questions

James Mastros root at jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org
Thu Jan 15 21:14:43 EST 1998

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, SASAKI Taroh wrote:
> > Using a std .ini file (from the cli client) i found that the hidden
> > client does show up in the task manager (as in the thing that pops
> > up on C+A+D). So you can kill it from there.
>
> 	I also use Ctrl + Alt + Del when needed; is this the _proper_
> 	way to terminate? (i.e. a block in progress written back to
> 	in-buffer to continue?)

Depends -- the CAD shutdown procedure is to first attempt to exit
cleanly...
after n (defaults to 15?) seconds, a dialog box is poped up, asking
whether
to continue waiting, or to kill with extreme prediguce (that is to say,
stop
it cold).  Unless your buff+checkpoint files are on a VERY slow device, it
shouldn't take that long.

	-=- James Mastros

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net